Do you like surprises? Most of my life I have been telling myself and those around me that I was not a big fan. But the truth is, if they’re happy ones, they’re rather quite fun. On Friday, May 4th , Laura Stanfill from Writing, Reading, Community, amazed me by passing the Sunshine Award in my direction. I know! Crazy, right? Thank you so much, Laura, for thinking of me and thinking me worthy. I can’t tell you how touched I am. Here’s the deal:
The Joy of Sunshine
1. Include the award logo in the post. √
2. Link back and thank those that nominated me. √
3. Answer 10 random questions about myself and/or tell seven random facts. √
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and link them to the award in their comments section. √
Laura gave me the option of answering the questions she had to answer or using others she had put forth for us. I warned her that another post I’d set for this week was going to break the rules and I might do the same with this one. Well guess what, I have! The following questions are a mix of the of the two options she gave me.
Here you have it. More things about me you never wanted to know:
- What’s one of your favorite books from childhood? I’m having a little trouble accessing that area in my memory banks. My parents didn’t push me to read and I recall spending most of my time outside trying to coordinate large backyard plays. The book I remember most is my youth bible.
- What are you reading right now? I am reading several at the same time. That makes for slow progress. Phoenix Child, The Art of War For Writers and Write Great Fiction - Revisions & Self Editing.
- Which do you prefer, Facebook or Twitter? I prefer to hide from it all in my writer’s cave and simply write. But that’s not really an option. I am on both, building my platform so that I’ll be more marketable down the road.
- Favorite thing to do in your free time? Free time? What is that? Seriously, I am always running behind and never find enough time for what’s on my to-do list.
- Favorite season? I love them all, but harbor a special fondness for winter.
- Favorite magazine? That’s a hard one. I used to be drawn to the home design magazines, but they only depress me these days. I can’t say I have one anymore. And to be honest, I find little time to fit the books in I’m trying to read. Adding magazines as well? Let’s not add to burn out.
- What is your favorite animal? Without question – cat! Anyone who knows me well, knows that.
- Favorite teacher (and why)? Freshman year, Algebra. Mr. Trajorda.
- What is your favorite number? 36. There’s a story to that. It’s one many might consider odd.
- Do you prefer reading short stories or novels? Novels. I often shy away from short stories. I don’t know why.
- Bonus: What is your favorite flower? Calla Lilly. This was to be the flower at my wedding. The florist said he could make it happen. But come the day of – everything was white roses. – What up Mr. Florist???
Now for the fun part! I get to pick ten lucky bloggers to share the sunshine with. Ready or not, here they come…
- Fabio Bueno at Diamonds & Rust
- Ingrid Schaffenburg at Threadbare Gypsy Soul
- Jennette Marie Powell at making the mundane magical
- Lisa Hall-Wilson
- Marcy Kennedy
- Melinda VanLone at Demons and Dark Chocolate
- Natalie Hartford at Life Out Loud
- Paige Killerman at There’s More Where That Came From
- Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
- Ted of TedBook
May you all go forth and spread the joyous sunshine. We should each be reminded daily to look on the positive side of things. A simple reward, such as this, hung on your wall can help be a constant reminder. If I could, I would toss one out to each and every one of you today. There were definitely more names I wanted to have on this list! Oh… wait just one minute. Here we go. One bit of sunshine coming up for each and everyone one of you! May your day be sunny and bright!
May your Mother’s Day weekend be MARVELOUS!