I have been dragging my heels! A little over a month ago a friend of mine posted a list of ten things she may or may not have done. A Naughty & Nice list. She allowed us, the readers, to have a go and guess which ones she had and hadn’t done. She then challenged each of us to carry on that torch. Thank you August McLaughlin.
A bunch of fellow bloggers jumped on that train, and I had a blast following the party from freight car blog to blog as the following bloggers jumped in: Amber West, Tim O’Brien, Natalie Hartford, Tameri Etherton, and Diane Murdock. It was a riot reading their lists and trying to guess at their indiscretions. Still, I dragged my heels.
You see, I wanted to be fun and play along, but I didn’t think my past experiences were all that interesting to pull from. After all, it is most likely I had already revealed the most interesting facts from my past. The fact that I was in the 1984 Olympic Opening Ceremonies and that I had trespassed into my neighbor’s yard resulting in a monkey biting my finger had already been revealed.
What more could I come up with? Maybe I was simply lacking imagination. After all, they don’t all have to be true, now do they? In fact, who says any of them have to be true? For all you know, the list of ten I am about to present to you could all be a fabrication. Something I should be able to do, considering I am a writer, after all. That is for you to decide.
So you tell me, did this Goody-Goody do any of these things listed? I’ll give you something not on the list. I have assassin’s blood running through my family line. So who knows, maybe I’m a bit tainted.
Now let’s get to it, shall we?
I’m so good I cannot tell a lie. But when I’m bad, I’m bad. I’m so naughty, I:
- Played a game of cat and mouse with security in a closed 100 year old cemetery in the dead of night.
- Frequented underground vampire bars when I was in college.
- Walked down my hometown’s main drag in my nightie.
- Stole merchandise from a 7-11.
- Swam in the ocean with sharks.
- Topped out my speedometer when racing a carload of hooting boys on the way into Palm Springs. Note: Speedometer tops out at 120.
- Took a ride in a cop car.
- Stowed away in a stranger’s car for a drive all over San Francisco.
- Got a man picked up by the police in Edinburgh.
- Melted the engine block in my car.
So what do you think? Could I have possibly done any of these? All or none of them? Make your guesses, educated or wild. I’d look forward to hearing them. If you would like to play along, it’s easy to do. Make your own list and link back to the originator and those who have come before you. Ask your readers to guess and see how well they know you. It could be a lot of fun!
Art ~ Emily’s 13th Hour (top left) and Clover (bottom right)
If you enjoyed this post or any of my previous posts, I’d be delighted to have you follow by email or RSS for any future posts