Like Alice I fell down the rabbit hole and a wondrous world I did find. Full of amazing people and incredible stories, my head is whirlin’. A potion, maybe just a sip, was slipped into my drink that has left me on this magical high. But I’m still in awe each and every day as I join in the electronic chatter this new world now provides. This awesomeness I speak of? I am referring to you.
Uplifting and inspiring tweets and blogs compliment my days and I only hope I can compliment them all in return. To all of you, my friends, family and newcomers, I want you to always believe in yourself and your dreams each and every day. Know that anything is possible.
It Couldn’t be Done
Somebody said that it couldn’t be done,
But, he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, as he did it.
Somebody scoffed: “Oh, you’ll never do that;
At least no one we know has done it”;
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat,
And the first thing we knew he’d begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it.
There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure;
There are thousands to point out to you, one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle right in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That cannot be done, and you’ll do it
So many of you have welcomed me into your fold. Thank you all. I have been overwhelmed by the support I’ve found here on these social networks. Recently some of my fellow bloggers honored me with a few awards, and now it is my turn to repay the favor and pass the honor along.
The beautiful, fun and amazing Lynn Kelly honored me greatly with this gorgeous Inspiring Blogger Award. I was beside myself! Thank you so much Lynn. ❤ I am touched that someone felt I inspired them enough to grant me such a wonderful award. By the way, Lynn has a few fabulous middle grade books out. I intend to pick them up for my son. If you have a middle grade reader, I suggest you check them out! I now get to pass it on to five bloggers (that don’t have the award already – my addition) that inspire me:
- August McLaughlin ~ Savor the Storm
- Coleen Patrick ~ Read. Smile. Repeat.
- Myndi Shafer – Blogging Barefoot
- Natalie Hartford ~ Life Out Loud
- Tameri Etherton ~ A Cup of Tea and Sorcery
Yay! Let’s hear it for these inspiring bloggers. They are just a few of the many. I really wanted this list to be longer, but the rules said five and I’m a play-by-the-rules kind of girl (most of the time).
At about the same time, the super talented Emma Burcart bestowed the Liebster award upon me. Emma, I’m touched that you would think to pass this special award on to me. Thank you.
Again I get to pass this on to five special bloggers:
- Alicia Street Roy Street
- Emma’s Ramblings on Supernatural Fiction
- KarenMcFarland ~Expressions From The Heart
- Kecia’s Blog ~ All I Want Is… Everything.
- Serena Dracis ~ Breaking Away From the Ordinary
Low and behold, while I was away ringing in the New Year with Mickey Mouse on the high seas, the sexy nerd Jessica O’Neal dropped the Versatile Blogger award in my lap. Holy Cow! I am feeling all kinds of pretty right now. I’m going to have to borrow Tameri’s tiara. LOL This award comes with the added criteria that I must list seven things about myself. Well… I kind of already did that a while back. You don’t want seven more, do you? How about seven things that brought me here, blogging. Seven things that have to do with say – my story…
I know I haven’t talked much about what I’m working on, so there you have it. A little tease about Ana’s story. Oops! There’s another slip. And now for the enthralling bloggers I am passing this along to:
- Christine Ashworth ~ Wicked… with a side of Saucy
- Dear Diary… by Kellianne Sweeney
- Kristy K. James
- Lisa Hall-Wilson ~ Freelance Writer
- Melinda VanLone ~ Demons and Dark Chocolate
- Samantha Warren ~ Stealing Starships
- Shannyn Schroeder ~ Good Girls Go to Heaven, Bad Girls Go Everywhere…
- SJ Driscoll ~ Come sit by my fire
- Tim L O’Brien ~ Static In The Airways
As you probably guessed, there are a few rules that go along with accepting the above awards.
- Thank the person who shared the award with you and link back to them in your post. As you can see, I’ve done that. Thank you Lynn, Emma and Jessica!
- In the case of the Inspiring Blogger and Liebster Blog Awards you should pass the honor on to five fellow bloggers, letting them know you have done so. I may have cut corners here. :/
- With the Versatile Blogger Award you are asked to tell your readers seven things about yourself and then pass the award on to fourteen fellow bloggers.
The award is an honor, but it is also for fun. Take your time and don’t feel any pressure to pass it along in any given time frame, if at all. Make sure you capture the image of your award above for your blog, should you want it.
If these first few blogging months are any indication of the way my circle of friends will grow, I can’t wait! Every day I’m meet more talented and genuine individuals. Together, we can turn graphite into gold.
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. – Napoleon Bonaparte